Delicious muffins, great for lunch boxes
- 120 g butter room temperature
- 150 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas mashed
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 240 g flour
- 2 ml salt
- 5 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 30 ml milk
- 30 ml sugar optional
- 10 ml cinnamon optional
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale, with electric mixer.Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Add the mashed bananas and lemon juice.
- Sift the flour, salt and bicarb into the butter mixture. Fold the flour in gently with a metal spoon. Add the milk to lighten the mixture.
- Scoop 24 medium sized muffin (either lined with paper cases or greased well). Mix the additional sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on the top of each muffin for a crunch top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 180°C until the muffins are springy to the touch.
The perfect scones.
- 250 g flour
- 15 ml baking powder
- 2.5 ml salt
- 60 g butter
- 30 g caster sugar
- 200 ml sour milk or buttermilk
- 1 egg and milk made up to 200ml
- Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Sieve the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter to create a fine“sand”.
- Make a well in the centre andadd the milk.
- Mix lightly with a fork until it starts to come together. .
- Turnout onto a floured surface and pat out to 2cm thick, cut out the scones with a 3.5cm circle cutter and place on the baking tray. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 230˚C. Serve with butter and jam
Serve with butter and jam