Honeycomb No-Churn Ice Cream
A very simple ice cream flavoured with honeycomb caramel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup cream OR 1 tin evaporated milk
- 1 tin condensed milk
Make the honeycomb
- Place the sugar in a nonstick pan and warm slowly until the sugar melts.
- Stir continuously and cook until a pale golden colour, remove from the heat and leave to cool for a minute of two. If it is cooking/browning fast, place the bottom of the pan in some cool water to slow the cooking.
- Add the bicarb and stir. Pour out the honeycomb onto a non-stick mat. The more you stir it the smaller the bubbles will be. Leave to cool and bash up with a rolling pin.
Make the ice-cream
- Whip the cream to soft peak stage. OR if using evaporated milk make sure it is ice cold before whipping and whip it to soft peak.
- Fold in the condensed milk and pieces of honeycomb
- Freeze for at least 8 hours (or over night).